martes, 22 de noviembre de 2016

Post two

The best Holidays/Concert ever 

Choose only one of the topics above and mention:
Holidays:

- when it was
- where you went
- how long it was
- people you went with
- things/activities you did
- why it has been the best so far
- any other relevant info

OR

Concert:

- when / where it was
- the artist you saw
- a bit of info about the artist
- describe the atmosphere during the event
- describe how they felt and why you enjoyed it
- any other memories about it

My choice for this post will be my best vacation, so here it goes!

As all of you know, I'm kind of a weird cactus grower/fan, so I'll tell you about my lastest trip, to the Atacama desert during this year's summer. 

It all began when I left my house in Curacaví to join my friend, and driver in our adventure, at his house in Olmué, fifth Region. That day we prepared everything to start early the next morning, we had a long way coming. We started the day early, at 7, and then we went out heading north to El Cobre, Antofagasta (2nd) Region. The idea was to go there and start coming back south, stopping in locations to find, photograph and try to discover seeds of Chilean native cacti. For that purpose we had the knowledge of my friend, who's been travelling to the dessert for at least 5 years now, and the help of this book, which contains pictures and descriptions of several species :)




We were true adventurers, walking for hours to find plants, climbing hills and small mountains ranges. On a normal day, we would wake up at 9 approx. And then have breakfast to start the day exploring the camping site we had chosen the night before. After that we would find a new site, and track the land to find more species. It would all finish when the sun was coming down, as we needed to find a good camping spot, and use sunlight to set the tents. 



It may sound boring for some, but this was one of the best experiences I've had, I learned and enjoyed every moment of it :) Here you have some pictures of the trip!


>>Worcount: 170
>>Leave comments on 3 of your classmates posts + comments on my post.

9 comentarios:

  1. Hi again!
    Wow! you definitely love cactus, that is cool, all we have something nerd in our lives and that is really funny. Travel of Antofagasta to the south sound like a long trip, and a lot of learning. The desert have wonderfull landscapes I can imagine all the experince that you acquire before of this.
    See you in class!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello again!
    I'm glad that you got to know the desert, I love it, especially its starry sky at night.

    Be well, see you.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi! The desert is lovely I dont know the north of Chile. I look forward the summer to travel and pass by Atacama desert and meeting with exotic animals like lizards.
    bye.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Victor, the Atacama desert is a magic place!! I went there 3 years ago... The landscape brings peace and beautiful feelings.

    Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Victor i dont know the atacama desert but my brother who traveled to the atacama desert told me that is a wonderful place and that i should go, i would love to know that place.
    See you!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi Victor, it should be a wonderfull travel you say, sounds very interest to know the vegetation of our country, walk and look it for it, it's all adventure ! I like deserts too, i hope go to there soon ! see you victor!!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hello Victor, your pictures are great! and your trip is perfect for me, without pression, good company and good friend! perfect!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. wow! That is a great history. This desert is the most arid in the world, so to do this must to be a challenge.

    One time, I went to Atacama desert, and I loved it! I hope to go again :P

    see you!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi victor!
    I think the best holidays are when we make our most strange tastes, that's what it's all about! Of being able to do what during the year the city does not allow us.

    ResponderEliminar