domingo, 1 de enero de 2017

Post eight

Hello everybody!

This week's post is the last one of the ones we chose in the beginning of the semester.

The topic may be complicated but I'll open it a bit, since I'd like everyone to be able to express their ideas about this.

Birds of Chile (and the world).

First, I must say that I was very surprised when we elected the topics and you came up with this idea, and not only you mentioned it, you voted for it! I wondered why such a topic would be of interest for dancers, but then I realized all of you are humanists, so I bet nature is something you enjoy very much.

Personally, I became interested in chilean birds when I first saw a loica! its scientific name is Sturnella loyca, and they can be seen in many places around the city of Santiago. 


Resultado de imagen para sturnella loyca
The reddish color above the stomach is one of the things that make these birds unique.

Another bird that I love, is a neighbor of mine: Athene cunicularia, AKA Pequén.
I say we're neighbors because where I live there is a couple of 'Pequenes' using a rabbit's old hole to bring up their hatchlings. Whenever I go near the entrance of the ex-rabbit's hole, they both get angry and they start making sounds so I 'get scared' and leave their babies live and grow peacefully underground. 


Resultado de imagen para athene cunicularia Resultado de imagen para athene cunicularia
The white line above its eyes is one of their characteristics. 

So that's about me, now it's your turn to tell me about the birds you like!
It can be about any chilean or foreign birds, also you can mention anything related to birds, music, cartoons, poetry or even dances related with them!


- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on my post.
- Minimum Word Count: 260 words
- Remember: NO TRANSLATOR! web dictionaries are allowed, and of course you can call me and I'll go to your seat.

7 comentarios:

  1. Hi Victor!
    I think that to be a neighbor of that birds must be a fun thing. I wish I have that kind of neighbor, only have old women fans of "La Noche".

    See you in class!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Victor!!
    They are very cute birds that you like, it is very funny that you call them neighbors, I like!!!!

    See you soon

    Yis

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love loicas too. My best frind have a tatoo loicas in his arm, and is a great bird to drow it.
    (curious fact).
    Is a very surprise/shock for me the fact that exist a nest in the floor. must be dangeruos !
    ... :O

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi victor!!!

    Wooow, I did not know that the pequen had their babies underground, Is something very interesting for an interesting bird,
    It's like a little owl!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I knew loicas when I was a child and my uncle used to hunt them :( ...
    Chile have beautiful birds!!! I love them!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. hello i believe i was comment you before.
    i told you that it is very cool you are neighbors with pequenes. good bye

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi victor !!
    How beautiful that you can have near your house these little birds, here in Santiago there is a hill called panul, you must visit it and you will find more species of birds very beautiful.

    ResponderEliminar